Live Online Advanced Piano Lessons
Improve your playing for fun, take your playing to performance level, or go beyond ABRSM Grade 8 with a Diploma.
We even teach piano teachers!
Tracy Rose Head of Music Lessons Anywhere
Scroll down for more information about Performance Only Diplomas and Dip ABRSM, LRSM and FRSM Diplomas.
“I am myself a piano teacher. I have looked for a teacher who can help me to develop my own technique and knowledge, as well as wanting to realise my potential as a performer.
My lessons with Music Lessons Anywhere have been everything I hoped for. I’m delighted to have found Music Lessons Anywhere, it fits into my schedule so easily and is very reasonably priced for the quality of the service.”
Leah Murphey, Ireland
Sofia, one of our Diploma level online piano students.
Below, you can hear Sofia playing her Diploma Piano Exam pieces:
Why take a Diploma?
Diplomas take your level of music ability to the very top.
For musicians, teachers and music students, Diplomas provide an exciting challenge to progress way beyond Grade 8.
Achieving a Diploma provides you with a professional qualification recognised by other musicians, teachers and other music professionals globally.
We teach live online advanced piano lessons at Diploma level.
Your technique in advanced piano playing is a key component of online Diploma Piano Lessons. Your ability and dexterity, including your touch and your tone in playing scales through complete pieces, are core elements.
Our online advanced piano teachers are trained to be able to help you develop and achieve the ultimate standards and levels of refinement required for your advanced piano playing and recital.
Stephie Koulouris, online advanced piano teacher who teaches up to FRSM
This diploma forms the bridge between Grade 8 and DipABRSM.
By performing a 30 minute programme, you are given the opportunity to demonstrate your advanced piano performance skills after you have achieved Grade 8. You will be assessed on a number of points, including your ability to communicate, interpret and deliver your music.
Without any spoken or written components and without scales, sight reading or aural tests, the exam is very accessible.
Exams can be taken worldwide at the same ABRSM Graded Music Exam Centres, during the same exam periods.
The ABRSM guide to Diplomas
Arrange and present a recital programme which allows you to demonstrate your skills, understanding and sensitivity to a varied repertoire.
This will involve a discussion with the examiner(s) where you will be able to impart your knowledge, approach and understanding of music.
DipABRSM and LRSM: These will include Programme Notes which relate to your Recital Programme.
FRSM: A written Submission which relates to material associated with your Recital Repertoire.
You will perform a short piece of music for which you will not have made preparation.
Compile a balanced recital programme comprising pieces that are best suited to your interpretation. You will talk with confidence about the music and provide your best possible performance.
Stephie Koulouris is our specialist, online advanced piano teacher with 26 years’ teaching experience.
Stephie Koulouris, online advanced piano lessons
Doris Hasson, Spain
Stephie outlines her personal approach to teaching online Piano Diploma lessons:
“During my years of study and preparation for the stage, I was blessed to be mentored by Julliard graduates and teachers (my best friends today) who gave me the greatest teaching tool I might ever need: inspiration.
Through them I found that success came easily and effortlessly to students when they were inspired, when the lesson shared was filled with a joy of teaching, a joy of learning and genuine enthusiasm.
My mentors shared so much more than teaching/learning how to play the piano.
Professionalism at all times was a given, respect towards all teachers and teaching methods, not only of music, was expected; as was being fully prepared, not only for each lesson but for every task, project, work assignment that was at hand.
This was always expected as well as:
- setting short-term & long-term goals for both student & teacher
- looking towards new challenges and setting higher goals
- tailoring lessons individually to each student’s needs
- getting the best out of students in helping them realize that they were more capable and talented than they first thought
- sharing an appreciation and understanding of music that might accompany one not only in years of making music but also in years of just listening and enjoying music
- and so much more…
For preparation at Piano Diploma Level, I have found that the following can be helpful:
- securing a good hand position and posture when sitting at one’s instrument
- maintaining a firm bridge
- participating in the choice of repertoire
- developing sound and solid technique that allows a student full artistic expression when interpreting his/her chosen repertoire
- developing speed & accuracy
- developing all aspects of technical proficiency & effective control of musical elements i.e. articulation, dynamics, phrasing, tempo, timber/tone colour, balance, etc
- developing an understanding of style
- developing performance skills
- committing the program to memory
- developing effective musical communication.”
One-to-one live online advanced piano lessons are £40 GB Pounds Sterling per hour.