Online Advanced Piano Lessons over Zoom or Skype
Online advanced piano lessons will take you to the next level
Stephie, our online advanced levels piano teacher
Improve your playing
Take your playing to performance level
Go beyond ABRSM Grade 8 with a Diploma
Live online advanced piano lessons, always tailored to your needs
We even teach piano teachers!
Why take a Diploma?
Diplomas take your level of music ability to the very top
For musicians, teachers and music students, Diplomas provide an exciting challenge to progress way beyond Grade 8.
Achieving a Diploma provides you with a professional qualification recognised by other musicians, teachers and other music professionals globally.
We teach live online advanced piano lessons at Diploma level
Your technique in advanced piano playing is a key component of online Diploma Piano Lessons. Your ability and dexterity, including your touch and your tone in playing scales through complete pieces, are core elements.
Our online advanced piano teachers are trained to be able to help you develop and achieve the ultimate standards and levels of refinement required for your advanced piano playing and recital.
“I am myself a piano teacher and the lessons with Music Lessons Anywhere have been everything I hoped for. I have looked for a teacher who can help me to develop my own technique and knowledge, as well as wanting to realise my potential as a performer and I’m delighted to have found one.”
Leah Murphey, Ireland
This diploma forms the bridge between Grade 8 and DipABRSM
By performing a 30 minute programme, you are given the opportunity to demonstrate your advanced piano performance skills after you have achieved Grade 8. You will be assessed on a number of points, including your ability to communicate, interpret and deliver your music.
Without any spoken or written components and without scales, sight reading or aural tests, the exam is very accessible.
Exams can be taken worldwide at the same ABRSM Graded Music Exam Centres, during the same exam periods.
The ABRSM guide to Diplomas
Requirements for DipABRSM, LRSM, FRSM Diplomas
Arrange and present a recital programme which allows you to demonstrate your skills, understanding and sensitivity to a varied repertoire.
This will involve a discussion with the examiner(s) where you will be able to impart your knowledge, approach and understanding of music.
DipABRSM and LRSM: These will include Programme Notes which relate to your Recital Programme.
FRSM: A written Submission which relates to material associated with your Recital Repertoire.
You will perform a short piece of music for which you will not have made preparation.
Compile a balanced recital programme comprising pieces that are best suited to your interpretation. You will talk with confidence about the music and provide your best possible performance.
Our specialist, online advanced piano teacher, Stephie, with over 26 years’ teaching experience
Doris Hasson, Spain
Khyati and Kshiteissh Bharedwaj, India
Stephie outlines her personal approach to teaching online Piano Diploma lessons:
“During my years of study and preparation for the stage, I was blessed to be mentored by Julliard graduates and teachers (my best friends today) who gave me the greatest teaching tool I might ever need: inspiration.
Through them I found that success came easily and effortlessly to students when they were inspired, when the lesson shared was filled with a joy of teaching, a joy of learning and genuine enthusiasm.
My mentors shared so much more than teaching/learning how to play the piano.
Professionalism at all times was a given, respect towards all teachers and teaching methods, not only of music, was expected; as was being fully prepared, not only for each lesson but for every task, project, work assignment that was at hand.”
This was always expected as well as:
- setting short-term & long-term goals for both student & teacher
- looking towards new challenges and setting higher goals
- tailoring lessons individually to each student’s needs
- getting the best out of students in helping them realize that they were more capable and talented than they first thought
- sharing an appreciation and understanding of music that might accompany one not only in years of making music but also in years of just listening and enjoying music
- and so much more…
For preparation at Piano Diploma Level, I have found that the following can be helpful:
- securing a good hand position and posture when sitting at one’s instrument
- maintaining a firm bridge
- participating in the choice of repertoire
- developing sound and solid technique that allows a student full artistic expression when interpreting his/her chosen repertoire
- enhancing speed & accuracy
- developing all aspects of technical proficiency & effective control of musical elements i.e. articulation, dynamics, phrasing, tempo, timber/tone colour, balance, etc
- developing an understanding of style
- enhancing performance skills
- committing the program to memory
- developing effective musical communication.”
Our live online advanced piano lessons are from £42 GB Pounds Sterling per hour (approx. US$51, €48, 191 SRI).
More about our lesson prices here.