Cubase Lessons Live Online
Cubase – DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
Whatever version of Cubase you’re on, including Cubase Elements, we can teach you from the ground up or provide one-off lessons to resolve any problems you may be experiencing when using Cubase, for all ages at any level.
We also offer live online composition tuition using of Cubase, Sibelius and Pro Tools.
Kelsey Joanne Rogers, Cubase, music tech and multi-instrumentalist online teacher
Cubase is a very versatile environment for working with audio and midi, so depending on your fields of interest, your lessons can take any number of different directions.
More reviews of our online music lessons are here
You might want to create a mock-up with virtual instruments, record live instruments, manipulate audio or even work with video. The possibilities are almost endless for producing your own sound.
We offer one-off lessons to answer any questions related to Cubase workflow. Or you can take regular lessons which will elevate you to wherever you want to go, be it a competent user to an accomplished Cubase professional.
Through regular lessons, depending on your starting level, you will be able to:
- Produce any type of music tracks for the project that you have in mind.
- Attain a more a consistent and faster speed when working with audio, MIDI and effects in Cubase.
- Create compositions and/or Music Worksheets with Cubase.
Common problems which will be solved
- You can’t find the right menu or button for performing a certain operation. You may feel lost because of the amount of menus and buttons available.
- You tend not to use keyboard shortcuts and consequently your workflow is slow.
- You have been using Cubase effects by ear but you don’t really understand what they do.
- You may not be fully exploiting the full potential and capacity of Cubase tools.
- You compose music with Cubase by ear and you feel like now is the time to gain a more solid music theory background, in order to better reproduce what you hear in your head.
- You’re finding that watching online tutorials doesn’t answer all your questions and you need some one-to-one specialist assistance.
How lessons work
- Your online Cubase teacher, shares their screen through the video call (eg. Skype or Zoom) to demonstrate how to operate the program, as well as to review files you send over.
- You may share your screen if you need to show any aspect of your workflow.
- Cubase and Skype or Zoom can easily be set up so sound can be heard on both. We usually help you set this up during the free trial lesson, so communication between us is seamless.
Your teacher, Kelsey Joanne Rogers
Kelsey has a wide range of experience working with Cubase and different DAWs (Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, etc) since 2012.
Cubase is one of the best DAWs in the market because of its interface and capability for working with MIDI, Audio, Effects and Video.
More about Kelsey here.
- Any version of Cubase or Elements. Earlier versions of the software as well as the Artist version, can limit your possibilities (please refer to Steinberg’s website to compare versions).
- Video-calling Software such as Skype or Zoom.
- Minimum of 8 GB RAM (minimum of 32 GB if you want to set up an orchestral template)
- Minimum of 50 GB of free disk space (you may find you need more free disk space if you work more with audio files, since Cubase backups the audio files of the project as WAV files)
- Speakers and headphones
- Microphone (laptop built-in is OK)
- Webcam (laptop built-in is OK)
- Internet connection
Live online Cubase courses prices
The price of our Online Cubase Lessons for individual students (live one-to-one tuition) is £40 (approx. US$51) per hour.
The price for Online Cubase Lessons for groups is £50 (approx. US$64) for an hour shared by two students or £60 (approx. US$77) for an hour shared by 3 to 5 students (maximum 5 students to a group lesson).
Part of the tuition is by email with fewer but more flexible contact lessons.
A brochure about the Correspondence Lessons for Sibelius and Cubase can be viewed here.
Composition lessons using Cubase, Sibelius and Pro Tools
Contact us for courses in written composition
Our most common workflow consists of using Sibelius for producing the score and parts, Cubase for the midi mock-up and Pro Tools for preparing the recording session.
However, we understand that you might have a preference for a different score editor (eg. Finale) or a different DAW (eg. Logic, Reaper, Live Ableton, Fl Studio, etc). Your musical possibilities should not be restricted by your software.
Krzysztof Gosudarski, Luton, England.
We offer two main categories of online composition tuition:
- Composing music in an existing musical styles
- Finding and developing your own musical voice
If you wish to create a composition using an existing musical style, there is an ever increasing number of styles in which we provide expert online tuition. Some of the main musical styles in which we teach composition in depth are:
- Organa and origin of polyphony
- Ars Antiqua
- Ars Nova
- Vocal forms
- Instrumental forms
- Chorals, Canons, Inventions, Fugue, Preludes, Fantasias
- Suite and Concerto
- Vocal forms (Motets, Cantatas, Messes)
Classicism (1st Viennese School)
- Sonata (solo – octet)
- Concerto and Symphony
- Piano solo (nocturnes, mazurkas, intermezzi, etc)
- Chamber Music
- Concerto and Symphony
20th and 21th Century
- Contemporary Music
- Impressionism (Debussy, Ravel, etc)
- Free Atonality eg. Schoenberg
- Dodecaphonic Music (2nd Viennese School)
- Neo-Classicism (Hindemith, Bartok, Shostakovich, etc)
- Spectralism (Grisey, Murail, etc)
- Minimalism (Glass, Reich, etc)
- Musique concrete
- Elektronische Musik
- Electroacoustic Music
- Popular music
- Jazz (Swing, Cool, Bebop, Modal, Latin, Fusion)
- Rock, RnB, Pop, Soul, Funk, etc
- Cinematic Music
- See our specialist live online Music For Media Lessons here
- Standards: Comedy, Action, Suspense, Ethnic (World), Epic, Heroic, Moody Drama, Fantasy, Emotive
- In the style of: John Williams, Hans Zimmer, etc
To learn the basics and principals of a certain musical style doesn’t take long. We can help you take it to the next level, even to becoming a master composer if you wish.
For beginners, at first it may seem like learning a foreign language, but you’ll soon begin to understand the language of composing and become fluent with how it’s working. We can help you with this process.
We welcome online composition students who have their own ideas which they’d like to develop. Knowing the principals and mastering many styles, will make you unique as both a composer and as a musician.
Live Online Composition Lessons prices
The prices of our Online Composition Lessons for individual students (live one-to-one tuition) are from £30 (approx. US$39) per hour, £24 (approx. US$31) for 45 minutes lessons or £16.50 (approx. US$21) for 30 minute lessons.
The price for Online Composition Lessons for groups is £40 (approx. US$51) for an hour (maximum 5 students to a group lesson).
If you have any questions, please contact Tracy who can arrange a chat over Skype or Zoom and for you to try a free lesson.